Administration of Mail Servers on Linux
10 000 UAH1 week 4 lesson
Start of the courseImmediately
E-mail is an important tool in companies. And if you have a tool, you need someone who will configure and maintain it. In this course, we learn to work with mail servers.
What do you need to take the course?
What you need to know? Text editors, user and group management, file and directory rights management, process management, network setup, DHCP (both server and client) based on Linux
Iptables, proxy, troubleshooting for network connections, data transmission protocols over the network, package managers, obtaining data on versions of installed programs and packages available for installation in repositories.
Setup of a domain nameLecture 1
Set up of a domain name for working with mail. Types of NS records. MX records, priorities.
The cycle of sending and receiving of letterLecture 2
History of the emergence of mail, stages of development. Full cycle of letter sending. Terminology for working with mail.Practice 1
Set up of a domain name for working with mail. Configuring TXT SPF, MX, DMARC records.
Types of protocols for sending and receiving of lettersLecture 3
Protocols SMTP, IMAP, POP3. Answer codes. Headers of letters, sending of letters from the console, mail command. Sending of letter via telnet.
SMTP server configurationLecture 4
MTA, MSA. Exim, Postfix. Architecture, configuration.Practice 2
Set up of a mail server to send letters.
IMAP/POP3 server configurationLecture 5
MDA. Dovecot. Architecture, configuration.
Various user configurationsLecture 6
Postfix + dovecot, exim + dovecot bindings. Storing accounts in text files, storing accounts in the MySQL database.Practice 3
Set up the postfix + dovecot, exim + dovecot bundles. Set up user accounts in files and in the MySQL database.
Mail loggingLecture 7
Log files, analysis. Interpretation of email headers.
Web interfaces for mailPractice 4
Installation and configuration of web interfaces for working with mail.
Software systems for mailLecture 8
Set up of an SSL certificate for mail. Self-signed certificates, letsencrypt and paid certificates.
Additional encryption functionsLecture 9
DKIM keys for authentication and rating of the mail server. Mail server with iRedAdmin panel.Practice 5
Set up of an SSL certificate for mail. DKIM generation and connection for additional domains on the server side and in DNS.
Project WorkExam Project Work
Have you already seen our courses?
You will definitely find what you need 😊
At the end of the course the student will know
- principles of the DNS protocol
- what are the main records in NS-zones for mail domains: MX, TXT SPF, DKIM, DMARC
- how SMTP, POP3, IMAP protocols work
- principles of construction of architectures MTA, MSA, MDA
- types of configurations and communication of mail servers
- which are web interfaces for managing mail servers and web interfaces for users
At the end of the course the student will be able to
- configure DNS records for mail domains to raise the rating of mail
- choose the right architecture to build mail servers
- set up e-mail to send and receive mail
- analyze and eliminate errors in sending and delivering letters
- install and configure web interfaces to manage mail servers
- install and configure web interfaces to manage users
- provide SSL encryption when forwarding emails