Web Servers Administration on Linux
10 000 UAH2 month 8 lesson
09:00 - 21:00
Start of the courseImmediately
In this course, we will teach you how to work with web servers. Nowadays, almost all interaction takes place on the Internet, so the ability to work with a web server is important for every system administrator.
This course is for those who already have basic knowledge of Linux administration. If you are a Junior System Administrator, we will help you upgrade to Middle 😎
What do you need to take the course?
The course is for you if you know how to work with text editors, manage users, groups, rights and processes in Linux. You also need to be able to configure the DHCP of server and client.
What else? Iptables, proxy, troubleshooting of network connections, protocols for transferring data over the network, package managers and how to get information about the versions of programs and packages available for installation in the repositories.
You need this knowledge to successfully complete the course. And to make sure that you really know these topics, our teacher will interview you.
Take your laptop with you for offline learning. To practice online, you need a good Internet connection.
DNS protocolLecture 1
Principles of work. Architecture. Root server system.Lecture 2
Types of NS records. NS servers, bundles.Practical lesson 1
Domain name registration. DNS server configuration, master->slave bundle.Exam
Web serversLecture 3
HTTP protocol, types of requests. Basics of HTML.Lecture 4
Apache web server. Architecture, configuration, operating modes. System of modules. Apache management commands. Virtual hosts. Apache Tomcat.Practical lesson 2
Apache web server installation and configuration. Configurations, modules. Creation of virtual hosts. Tomcat installation and configuration.Lecture 5
Nginx web server. Architecture, configuration, virtual hosts, locations.Lecture 6
Nginx + Apache. Features, types of proxying. Virtual hosts.Practical lesson 3
Nginx: installation and configuration. Apache + Nginx bundle. Several sites on one server. Nginx + Tomcat.Exam
SQL Basics. MySQL DBMS, architecture, forks (percona, mariadb). Types of engines, comparison.
Fundamentals of PHP. Architecture, php.ini configuration, modules. Installation from packages and from sources. PHPMyAdmin, Adminer.Practical lesson 4
Installation and configuration of MySQL, creation of databases. PHP (from packages and from sources), phpmyadmin (from packages and from sources), installation of adminer.Lecture 9
Modes of PHP. Apache module, CGI, FastCGI. PHP-FPM.Exam
Additional functions of web serversLecture 10
Redirecting links (redirects), ACL, Basic AUTH, static-cache caching, GZIP compression.Practical lesson 5
Practice on PHP operating modes. A bunch of nginx + php-fpm. Configuration of additional functions of web servers.Lecture 11
Logging, access logs, error logs. Interpretation of logs. Web server response codes. server-status.Lecture 12
Configuration of an SSL certificate for the site: self-signed, paid, letsencrypt.Practical lesson 6
Practice for logging Apache, Nginx, PHP. Set up of an SSL certificate for the site.Exam
Web Server InfrastructureLecture 13
High loads. HAProxy, a cluster of web servers.Lecture 14
Web servers monitoring. Zabbix.Practical lesson 7
Configuration of web servers cluster. Balancing on the Nginx side, configuration of zabbix.Lecture 15
Backup (files + DB) using your own scripts.Exam
Tuning the performance of web serversLecture 16
Tuning the performance of web servers. Google Pagespeed. Website overclocking (using WordPress as an example). Best practice for configuring web servers.Practical lesson 8
Backup configuration. Tuning the WordPress engine, mysql, php-fpm.Final exam
Set up of a web server according to the technical task.
Have you already seen our courses?
You will definitely find what you need 😊
At the end of the course the student will know
- how DNS works
- how the HTTP protocol works, what methods it supports
- what are Apache MPM and what is the difference between them
- how to provide multiple domains and subdomains on one server
- why is Nginx needed and why is it chosen as the primary web server
- in what modes PHP can work and in what cases it is better to use different modes
- basics of MySQL server and its forks, types of tables and the difference between them
- why do you need SSL; the procedure for obtaining and types of SSL certificates
- what to look for when tuning the performance of the LAMP/LEMP bundle
At the end of the course the student will be able to
- configure your own DNS server with replication of domain zones
- install and configure web servers according to initial requirements
- manage databases used for web projects
- register and install SSL certificates, verify the correctness of the entire chain of intermediate certificates
- improve the performance of the web server bundle without adding resources (CPU, RAM, HDD)
- transfer web projects from server to server, taking into account the nuances of such transfers